We offer drama and imaginative play classes for school-age children aged 5 – 7 years (our 'Sunbeams' classes)
As your child starts school and becomes increasingly independent, taking them to a drama class like Pyjama Drama is one of the best things you can do (be they confident, shy, or somewhere in between!). Not to prepare them for a career on the stage, but because drama supports the development of life skills.
Our 'Sunbeams' classes develop skills that will help your child:
- Make new friends
- Manage conflict in relationships
- Understand, express, and manage their emotions
- Understand others’ emotions
- Concentrate at home and school
- Solve simple problems for themselves
- Make decisions with confidence
- Believe in themselves and know what makes them special
All while developing their communication and language, physical skills, and being lots and lots of fun!
What happens in a 'Sunbeams' class?
In every 'Sunbeams' class children:
- Work together to create a unique and dramatic story
- Play drama games
- Sing and move to music
- Use drama tools such as hot seating, still image, and roleplay
- Share and evaluate their own original drama
Parents and teachers tell us time and again how classes enhance children's life skills, develop their story-writing skills, and their ability to evaluate their work.
What makes Pyjama Drama special?
- Our classes are delivered by highly trained drama and imaginative play experts
- Our unique, child-led approach to drama accelerates the development of life skills
- We don’t ever use props or costumes – come along and witness for yourself the power of the imagination!
- Over 90% of our games, rhymes, and songs are original to Pyjama Drama – you won’t find them in any other class
- A one-hour ‘drop off’ class
- No obligation, three-week trial for £15 (in just three weeks you'll see your child's skills develop)
- £6 per class thereafter
- Sibling discount available
In some areas, we also offer three-hour workshops, search for what's available in your area here.
Class fees may vary in some areas